Interested in Studying Abroad?
See where Xavier can take you - Summer 2022 applications are now live!Start Your Journey
Student Health Insurance Abroad
Students participating in study abroad are encouraged to consider and carefully evaluate cancel for any reason (CFAR) insurance for all programs. Note that there is typically a limited time in which you can purchase the CFAR insurance after you make a deposit for your program, e.g. must purchase plan within 21 days of initial payment.
Are you considering to study abroad in the coming terms? Check out our FAQ documents to answer your questions.Read our FAQ for Planning your Semester Abroad in Spring 2022
Apply for or renew your US passport as soon as possible if you’re thinking of studying abroad in 2022. The US State Department is experiencing long delays -- expedited passports are taking at least 5-7 weeks and regular service is 8-11 weeks. Additionally, you are strongly advised to pay for the expedited service and return mail service. Generally your passport expiration date should be valid for 6 months after your departure date back to the US.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
Spring break and summer program applications are available.
Check CIE's EngageXU page for our upcoming events in Spring 2022!
Gallagher Student Center
Students interested in study abroad are welcome to begin the planning process. You can meet CIE staff in an number of ways each week!
Follow one of the steps below to reach us:
- Join us for our Information Sessions! Here you will learn about all things study abroad. Information sessions are on Mondays at 3:00pm, Tuesdays at 11:30am, Thursdays at 2:30pm, and Fridays at 10:00am in the CIE (GSC 230). (In-person only)
- Drop by the CIE during walk-in hours; Tuesdays and Wednesdays from noon to 2:00pm. (In-person only)
- Fill out our intake form to schedule an appointment with an advisor. (In-person or via Zoom)
- Email us at email@example.com to set-up an appointment. (In-person or via Zoom)
- Request a time for advising via our application system to set-up an appointment. (In-person or via Zoom)